A place to learn a new language, the Koehler Method of Dog Training, which is an entire language of communication between owner(s) and their dog. Let the journey begin..
And in the 2nd video? Hear that oh so odd sound? I unconsciously make that sound when a dog I am working has struggled, and then grasps what I want it to do, and does so. It is my own sound, rarely used, to reward a dog for learning something new and trusting me. In all the years I have trained dogs, whenever I use this sound, the dog I am working responds well. I don't believe it is the sound itself the dog responds to. Rather, at some level, I believe the dog responds positively because they know I am pleased with their effort. No, this isn't written down anywhere, just something I came up with, long ago, and have used it through the years.
And it’s so effective. I’ve seen how dogs respond to that special note of praise. They kind of melt, stay in place and gaze into your eyes. It’s sweet! I’m so glad you were able to help Denali.
Alternative down for a dog with cow hocks/structural issues.
ReplyDeleteAnd in the 2nd video? Hear that oh so odd sound? I unconsciously make that sound when a dog I am working has struggled, and then grasps what I want it to do, and does so. It is my own sound, rarely used, to reward a dog for learning something new and trusting me. In all the years I have trained dogs, whenever I use this sound, the dog I am working responds well. I don't believe it is the sound itself the dog responds to. Rather, at some level, I believe the dog responds positively because they know I am pleased with their effort. No, this isn't written down anywhere, just something I came up with, long ago, and have used it through the years.
ReplyDeleteAnd it’s so effective. I’ve seen how dogs respond to that special note of praise. They kind of melt, stay in place and gaze into your eyes. It’s sweet! I’m so glad you were able to help Denali.
ReplyDelete